Want to develop your test analysis skills taking it to the next level? Build uponthe knowledge and skills acquired at ISTQB Foundation level and gain advanced testing techniques to add more value to your projects.
Holding the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analyst Certificate entitles you to use the Certified Tester Advanced Level acronym CTAL-TA.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze a given scenario, including a project description and lifecycle model, to determine appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst during the analysis and design phases.
- Analyze a project scenario to determine the most appropriate use of low-level (concrete) and high-level (logical) test cases.
- Determine the steps and considerations to be taken for a given scenario when executing tests.
- Participate in risk identification, perform risk assessment, and propose appropriate risk mitigation for a given project situation.
- Write test cases for a given specification item applying the equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision table, state transition, pairwise test, classification tree, use case, and domain analysis test design techniques to achieve defined levels of coverage.
- Analyze a system, or its requirement specification, to determine types of defects to be found and select the appropriate specification-based technique(s).
- Analyze the given defect taxonomy for applicability in a given situation using the criteria of a good taxonomy.
- Specify exploratory tests and explain how to report the results for a given scenario.
- Determine which specification-based, defect-based, experience-based techniques should be applied for a given project situation to achieve the specific goals.
- Outline the suitable approaches for a given project context to verify and validate both the implementation of the usability requirements and the fulfilment of the user’s expectations.
- Analyze a use case/user interface and identify problems according to the checklist provided in the syllabus.
- Analyze a requirements specification/user story and identify problems according to the checklist provided in the syllabus.
- Identify, gather, and record classification information for a given defect.
- Software Developers and Testers
- Experienced Test Analysts wanting to advance their hands-on testing skills.
- Test Managers needing a better understanding of advanced test design skills.
- Testers seeking advanced-level accreditation..
- All accompanying course material
- Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam (At the end of the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst course, candidates are assessed with a closed book exam that is 3 hours in duration)
To be able to obtain an Advanced Level certification, candidates must:
- Hold the ISTQB Foundation Certificate.
- Testing Process
- Test Management: Responsibilities for the TA
- Test Techniques
- Testing of Software Characteristics
- Defect Management
- Test Tools