Gain a solid understanding of Agile development and testing practices and extend your ISTQB accreditation. In this extension to the ISTQB Foundation course, you will learn commonly applied development practices, differences between Agile and traditional approaches, and commonly used testing tools. You’ll also gain an understanding of how Agile projects are organised.
The Agile Extension will give the tester the knowledge to be part of agile testing teams and achieve high performance.
Certified agile testers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- The different agile approaches
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Testing in Agile Projects
- Roles and skills of a tester in Agile Projects
- Agile testing techniques and methods
- Assess product quality risks within an Agile project
- Estimate testing effort based on iteration content and quality risks
- Tools in Agile Projects
The target professionals are:
- Entry-level testers with an interest in agile testing
- Testers wanting to improve their knowledge of working in an Agile environment.
- Experienced developers with a lot to a little knowledge of testing who work in agile projects
- Roles include testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, software developers
- Testers looking to accredit their Agile skills.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development.
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles.
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities.
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project.
- Assist the Agile team in test automation activities.
- Assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements and acceptance criteria as appropriate.
- Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
- All accompanying course material
- Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
- ISTQB Agile Tester exam (At the end of the ISTQB Agile Tester course, candidates are assessed with a closed book exam)
- To be eligible to undertake the Agile Tester Foundation Extension certification exam, candidates must first hold the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate.
- Agile Software Development
- Fundamental Agile Testing Principles, Practices and Processes
- Agile Testing Methods, Techniques and Tools