This Software Testing Foundation training course offers an introduction to the fundamentals of Software Testing. Delegates will learn about the main principles of Software Testing, which include testing standards, testing life cycles, testing techniques and tools, and static testing.
Participants will also learn how to implement and analyse Software Testing methodology. This training course adopts the ISTQB’s syllabus and is officially acknowledged by the BCS, hence making Software Testing Foundation an authentic certification to obtain. Software Testing Foundation strives to prepare delegates effectively for the examination.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests using established techniques.
- Analyze functional and nonfunctional specifications, such as performance and usability, at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Participate effectively in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Describe different types of testing tools and their uses, and assist in the selection and implementation process.
- Software Developers and Testers
- All accompanying course material
- Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
The entry criterion for taking the ISTQB Software Testing Foundation examination is that candidates have an interest in software testing. However, it is strongly recommended by
ISTQB that candidates also:
- Have basic background knowledge in either software development or software testing, such as 6-month experience as a System/User Acceptance Tester or a Software Developer.
- Take a course that is accredited by ISTQB by one of the ISTQB-recognized National Boards.
Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
The Fundamentals of Testing:
- What is testing?
- Why is testing required?
- How much testing is a good amount?
- Static testing V dynamic testing
- The seven principles of testing
- The fundamental test process
- Testing psychology
- Testing code of ethics
Testing throughout the Lifecycle:
- Test levels
- Software development designs
- Component testing
- Component integration
- System testing
- System integration
- Acceptance testing
- Alpha and Beta testing
- Functional testing
- Non-functional testing
- Maintenance testing
- Structural testing
- Retesting V Regression testing
Static Test Techniques:
- Technical reviews
- Static analysis
Testing Design Techniques:
- Test development process
- Black-box V white-box testing
- Equivalence partitioning
- Boundary value analysis
- State transition testing
- Decision table testing
- Case testing
- Statement testing V decision testing
- Experience-based testing
- Estimation, control, and monitoring
- Managing configuration
- Managing incidents
- Risk management
Tool Support for Testing:
- Test tool types
- Using tools effectively
- Selecting and implementing tools