Gain the skills and knowledge you need for a solid foundation to your career as a testing professional with this introduction to the fundamentals of Software Testing course.
Delegates will learn how to implement and analyse Software Testing methodology. This training course adopts the ISTQB’s syllabus and is officially acknowledged by the BCS, hence making Software Testing Foundation an authentic certification to obtain. Software Testing Foundation strives to prepare delegates effectively for the exam
The ISTQB Software Testing Foundation Certificate is an essential accreditation for all testing professionals. It has become a prerequisite among many hiring managers when considering testing candidates.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests using established techniques.
- Analyze functional and nonfunctional specifications, such as performance and usability, at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Participate effectively in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Describe different types of testing tools and their uses, and assist in the selection and implementation process.
- Software Developers ,Test Analysts and prospective testers wanting to improve their testing knowledge.
- Testers seeking to accredit their skills.
- Anyone looking to understand software testing principles and terminology.
- All accompanying course material
- Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
- ISTQB Foundation exam (At the end of the ISTQB Foundation course, candidates are assessed with a closed book exam that is 60 minutes in duration (or 75 minutes for candidates taking exams outside of their native language).
The entry criterion for taking the ISTQB Software Testing Foundation examination is that candidates have an interest in software testing. However, it is strongly recommended by
ISTQB that candidates also:
- Have basic background knowledge in either software development or software testing, such as 6-month experience as a System/User Acceptance Tester or a Software Developer.
- Take a course that is accredited by ISTQB by one of the ISTQB-recognized National Boards.
Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
- The Fundamentals of Testing
- Testing throughout the Lifecycle
- Static Test Techniques
- Testing Design Techniques
- Test Management
- Tool Support for Testing