This course helps experienced PRINCE2 Practitioners and/or experienced Agile Practitioners understand how the PRINCE2 governance model can be applied to Agile environments. By taking this course, experienced PRINCE2 practitioners develop management controls for agile development, while experienced agile practitioners understand PRINCE2 governance requirements.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2 and the agile way of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
- To learn through the use of theory and practical exercises
- To prepare Participants for the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam
Primarily, PRINCE2 Agile is for those members of the PRINCE2 community who are practicing agile, are wanting to become more agile, or are encountering more agile. It may also be useful to agile practitioners who want to adopt PRINCE2 project governance to complement their existing agile practices.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
Many people confuse PRINCE2 as a “traditional” or “waterfall” project management method, and wrongly assume that it cannot be applied with the more cutting-edge “agile” project management techniques. In fact, PRINCE2 is applicable to any project and is fully enabled to work in an agile environment.
That said, most PRINCE2 Practitioners do not have sufficient understanding of agile techniques to be able to adopt the Agile methods, and many agile practitioners do not understand the flexibility that PRINCE2 provides.
This is an intensive two-day course, providing all you need to get through the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner examination first time:
- All accompanying course material
- The cost of the PRINCE2 Agile examination (the exam is taken on the last day of the course)
- Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training
Important :Please note you will require a copy of the official PRINCE2 Agile manual for the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner course and exam. This is not included in the purchase price. Should you wish to purchase the manual you can add it to your shopping cart once you have selected your chosen date.
As of October 2016, PRINCE2 Agile certification can be taken if the participant hold any of the certifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management Professional® (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)
- IMPA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director)
IMPORTANT: There is some mandatory pre-course reading and online learning that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. Please ensure you allow time to complete this in full prior to your attendance , it is expected that it will take approximately eight to ten hours to complete. In addition, whilst attending your course there will also be some examination preparation evening work.
- Introduction to PRINCE2 Agile (including Hexagon)
- The PRINCE2 Agile view
- The 5 targets
- Starting up a Project and Initiating a Project (including Value Assessment and Cynefin Approach)
- Agile and the PRINCE2 Themes
- Change (including the feedback loop)
- Organisation (including the servant leadership)
- Principles and Behaviours
- Managing Project Delivery (including Scrum)
- Quality (including the definition of ‘Done’)
- Controlling a Stage and Managing a Stage
- Directing a Project
- Closing a Project
- Rich communication (including Workshops)
- Kanban and The Kanban Method
- Lean Start-up