PRINCE2 provides an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. This method is the de facto standard for Project Management and is practiced worldwide. PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) provides common processes, management products, roles, and language for use throughout an organization’s projects.
The 3 days PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation course (based on PRINCE2 2017 update) provides an optimal mix of classroom lectures, interactive case studies, assignments, additional reading materials, and exam preparation material. You will enjoy learning about the PRINCE2 methodology, and will concurrently learn the skills needed to practically apply this knowledge in real life.
On completing this course, the participants will gain competencies in:
- The principles of the PRINCE2 Project Management method.
- How to start, control, and close projects.
- How to manage quality.
- How to manage risk.
- How to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the specified business case.
- How to tailor PRINCE2 to different project environments.
The PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation course will be of interest to:
- Those considering adopting PRINCE2
- Project managers and aspiring project managers
- Project team managers and leaders
- Project coordinators
- Project support staff
- Project officers
- Consultants and contractors
This is an intensive three day course that includes the following:
- All accompanying course material
- The official PRINCE2 manual
- The PRINCE2 Foundation examination (The exam is taken on the last day of the course)
- PRINCE2 process map
Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. It is expected that it will take approximately six to eight hours to complete. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking. In addition, whilst attending the course there will also be some exam preparation evening work.
This course follows the 2017 syllabus and includes the following modules:
- What is a project?
- Structure of PRINCE2
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Business case
- Initiating a project
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project